Friday, January 01, 2010

Today is an appropriate time to start a blog, being the first day of the new year. Or continue a blog, considering that I now see I started this blog 2 full years ago after our Italy trip. There have been no big vacations since then, and I don't foresee any in the foreseeable future either. So the blog will continue as a (probably) boring account of what the bleep I am doing these days.

First of all, I want to know where the last 10 years went? It seems only last week that everyone was stressed out anticipating some unknown terrible fallout upon entrance into the new millennium. The fears were focused on computers' supposed inability to handle a 4-digit year beginning with a 2, after always using a 2 digits shorthand to express a year. Nothing happened, and time marched on. For 10 years.
When I was much younger, I counted ahead to figure out how old I would be in "the year 2000." Probably everyone else did too. I wondered if I would live that long. Well I did live that long and now another 10 years to boot.
So what are the changes over the last 10 years?

In the world at large:
TV went to hell
Air travel went to hell
Electronic communication exploded
Google makes it possible to find any possible thing you want to know


In my life:
I am retired.
I became a grandmother
We did LOTS of travelling, which ended by January 2008
We left Alaska & moved to Washington. Then we moved back to Alaska
(At least I figured out where I want to be and I'm lucky to have my wish)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home